BE A FLOAT DESIGNER WINNER . . . CONTRIBUTE A DESIGN FOR THE 2018 SIERRA MADRE ROSE FLOAT
Sierra Madre Rose Float Association 2018 Float Design Contest:
This year’s design contest will be held until Friday, February 3rd 2017. Tournament of Roses President Lance Tibbet announced the 2018 Theme, "Making A Difference".
“The 2018 theme, ‘Making a Difference,’ is a way to honor and celebrate all of the people in our communities, who quietly and without desire for reward or recognition, act in selfless, generous and kind ways to aid or benefit others.” shared Tibbet. “It’s about the human acts of kindness that enrich the lives of others and are the source of inspiration, hope, joy and optimism for all of us.”
Design Guidelines:1. Designs must be received no later than Friday, February 3rd 2017, by 5PM at
P.O. Box 603, Sierra Madre, CA 91025.
2. Design submissions need to take into consideration the Tournament of Roses 2018 theme. (Please see link above for the hint of the Tournament of Roses theme.)
3. Designers should consider the appropriate use of float riders, Sierra Madre Rose Princesses/Escorts (2-4) and animation. Float designs should represent a float no longer than 55 feet and 18 feet wide.
4. The design contest is open to all ages (need not be a Sierra Madre resident nor a Sierra Madre Rose Float Association member). Designs developed by Groups, Art Classes or other organizations are gladly received. Designers are encouraged also to submit more than one design.
5. Please provide a title to the float design. Submission should include a written description (no more than 100 words) of the concept and possible animations.
6. While only a very simple sketch is required to illustrate the concept, more detail can help in the selection process.
For complete Design Rules and Submission Forms
Get Involved >